[Sca-cooks] Pie Crust

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Tue May 28 17:20:34 PDT 2002

Christianna asked:
	I have been asked a question that I'd like to pass on to the group.
"One of these days I will do some food entries.  So tell me, how
do you document pie crust?  Was that common item ever written down?"

	Is Digby the best place to recommend, or is there something earlier?

I remember pie crusts being discussed here previously. Often the exact
ingredients are not specified. A guess at the ingredients often depends
upon whether you expect the crust to be eaten or not.

For some of the past discussion on the topic of period pie crusts, you
might want to check this file in the Florilegium:
pies-msg          (51K)  7/31/00    Period pie crusts, meat and fruit pies.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/pies-msg.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net