[Sca-cooks] Pie Crust

Karyn Schmidt karyn at triwest.net
Tue May 28 19:42:10 PDT 2002

Now that everyone has recipes, here's a suggestion on what
to do with them.

The Shires of Rokeclif (LaCrosse, WI) and Shattered Oak (Eau
Claire, WI) are holding an event on June 29 called The Pie
Snit.  It'll be held at the Community Building in Taylor
Wisconsin.  Site fee is $1 (that's one US buck) and you may
camp in the gym overnight if you wish. (Sorry, no showers.)

Its purpose is ostensibly to settle a dispute over the
Norske Nook -- one of the best Norwegian restaurants in
Osseo, famed for their pies.  Each shire has laid claim to
the place.

The Pie Snit will feature several pie contests -- throwing,
baking (savory and sweet categories) , and eating --
Trivium Pursuit (in which one gains pie pieces by answering
questions in each of the seven liberal arts), six bardic
challenges, most of which concern pie (available on
request), a feast on the pies entered into competition, a
class or roundtable led by Mistress Wyndreth, and I suppose
we're gonna hafta let people beat on each other with sticks
too.
If you're looking for Taylor on a map, use a microscope --
it's west of the Hixton exit on I-94 about 10 miles.

This is going to be a very silly event.  Please bring a pie
and join us.
Kudrun þe Pilegrim