[Sca-cooks] Pie Crust

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue May 28 22:26:31 PDT 2002

Kudrun =FEe Pilegrim said:

> The Pie Snit will feature several pie contests -- throwing,
> baking (savory and sweet categories) , and eating --
> Trivium Pursuit (in which one gains pie pieces by answering
> questions in each of the seven liberal arts), six bardic
> challenges, most of which concern pie (available on
> request), a feast on the pies entered into competition, a
> class or roundtable led by Mistress Wyndreth, and I suppose
> we're gonna hafta let people beat on each other with sticks
> too.

Well, I mentioned a file in the Florilegium earlier that might help
in making the pie shells. Here are some that might help in making
and docoumenting the rest of the pie:
fruit-pies-msg    (45K)  1/ 5/01    Period fruit pies. Recipes. Baking pies.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-FRUITS/fruit-pies-msg.html
meat-pies-msg    (130K)  5/ 7/01    Period meat pies. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/meat-pies-msg.html
fish-pies-msg     (11K)  5/ 3/01    Period fish pies. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/fish-pies-msg.html

Kudrun, perhaps these might also be of use to those other than those on
this list, who ask for any resources on making pies.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net