[Sca-cooks] Also LONG (was Re:Meridian Kingdom A&S Feasts)

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Tue May 28 21:03:49 PDT 2002

<quoth niccolo>
>To avoid being accused of being a second-hand spoon tease, I will give the
URL to my menu page with links ot recipes.  I'll post the recipes below as
well (comments welcome):

http://franiccolo.home.mindspring.com/kas2002food/

The link to my web page is there also, but not to be outdone, below you will
find the details on my feast. I would also appriciate any and all comments -
but please, for the sake of those that receive digest forms: SNIP YOUR
POSTS. (I am not really yelling, just wanted to catch people's eyes, please
please please forgive the rudeness)

Oven Cheese Pie, Which We Call Toledan
The Anonymous Andalusian Cookbook
Make dough as for musammana and make a small leafy round loaf of it. Then
roll it out and put sufficient pounded cheese in the middle. Fold over the
ends of the loaf and join them over the cheese on all sides; leave a small
hole the size of a dinar on top, so the cheese can be seen, and sprinkle it
with some anise. Then place it in the oven on a slab, and leave it until it
is done, take it out and use it, as you wish.
5 oz - Queso for Melting
1 oz - Brie
½ can - Crescent Rolls
pinch - Anise Seeds
enough - Melted Butter
Take cheeses and combine in a food processor on low power  (you want it to
be crumbly not smooth). Remove cheese from processor and work a bit with
hands until you have a smooth ball. Place cheese ball onto a piece plastic
wrap and wrap very loosely. Pat cheese out into a disk approximately 3/8 -
1/2 inch thick and 3 - 4 inches in diameter. Secure plastic wrap and place
in the 'fridge to chill. Take the Crescent rolls out of the can and separate
into 2 equal sections. Squish it up into a ball and then re-roll to remove
perforations. Roll dough out into a disk approximately 2 inches bigger all
around than your cheese disk. Place cheese disk onto dough and fold the
pastry up over in a circular manner, pleating as you go. Pinch the dough
together very tightly. With a sharp knife, cut a hole between the size of a
dime and a nickel out of the middle of the dough, pinch the exposed edges
together very well. Sprinkle a few anise seeds onto the cheese through the
hole. Paint the entire thing with melted butter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
F and cook for 20 minutes.

A Pottage of Noodles