[Sca-cooks] Finally!!!! OT, OOP

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed May 29 15:32:18 PDT 2002

At 10:02 AM 5/29/02 -0700, Stefan wrote:
>Margaret cheered:
>>Yay! Woohoo! Drinks on Kiri!

I'm up to the bar! Can I have a margarita? YYAAAAAYYYY Kiri!!!!

>Yep. Now we need to get a job for Lainie! Keep up the
>happy thoughts there as well. Avraham too, but he currently
>has a job.

Oh yes- please keep the vibes coming my way- and Kiri- can I rub your tummy
for luck? <cyber-rub...>

I got four more rejection letters last week- from places I really wanted a
chance at. Another one yesterday. Color me discouraged.

I feel like I'm supposed to do something radically different, but I don't
know what, you know? Remember Abraham? God said "Go." Abraham said "Cool!
Go where?" And God said "Just go- I'll tell you when you get there."
Riiight. But Abraham was filthy rich- flocks, herds, tents, slaves, and
I'm... um...

11 years at-home mom. 6 years in school, getting ready to teach, and then
it all fell apart. What to do now? I don't know. And the longer I'm out of
work, the harder it is to find it. If I could just get paid to be pithy in
print, but they're asking for a journalism degree for that...

Grumpy.

Off on a post office run,

'Lainie