[Sca-cooks] Finally!!!! OT, OOP

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu May 30 07:08:57 PDT 2002

Lainie,
I'm not sure if it would help, but here in Maryland there is a program
called Joblink Express.  The way it works if that if you are what they term
a "displaced worker" (laid off, fired, etc.), you qualify for training
assistance.  They paid for me to take a number of classes at a local
technical training center...various kinds of software courses like XML,
HTML, a bunch of MS classes, etc.  I suspect that there may be a similar
program in your state...you might want to check it out.

I know how you feel...I had just about reached the point where I was trying
to figure out how to cut back on our expenses so that we could permanently
live just on Phillip's income.  I had decided that I was viewed as being
just too old to be able to make a contribution in a business dominated by
young people.  But it appears that there is a place even for me.  So there
must be something out there for you!  Keep plugging away...and don't let the
turkeys get you down!!!

Kiri