[Sca-cooks] Face it- we're ALL Ruled by Cooks!

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Thu May 30 16:46:19 PDT 2002

Lainie commented:
>Come to think of it, I have seen some Crown Princesses
>get AoAs in the court just before their Coronation.
>Also redundant.

Sigh. This is likely to get some folks mad at me. But I
have to disagree with this statement.

Getting an AoA means you have done something. At least
ideally, it means you have participated enough and done
enough work to be considered as part of the SCA.

At a Crown Princess' coronation, all it means is that she
had the right connections with a guy who was the best stick
swinger on the day of the Crown Tournament. It says nothing
about whether she has been an active participant in the SCA
or not, other than perhaps the requirement to live in the
kingdom a certain amount of time that some kingdoms have.

After having served as the Princess and later as Queen, the
situation is entirely different.

Luckily most Crown Princesses have already met the requirements
needed for an AoA, before they enter Crown Tournament.  If they
haven't, then they should probably not be entered in the Crown
Tournament. But that is not a requirement.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net