[Sca-cooks] Face it- we're ALL Ruled by Cooks!

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Wed May 29 23:22:49 PDT 2002

--- Wanda Pease <wandap at hevanet.com> wrote:
> I'd suspect that Andy was knighted as quickly as he
> was because he was one
> of the founders of the Mid-Realm (also one of the
> first Pelicans as I
> recall).  Once you have a Peerage, the plain vanilla
> AoA just doesn't seem
> to happen.  I'm not putting down the AoA by any
> means, I'm just making an
> observation.

He said it was because he was a big man with a big
stick, and fighting awards at that time didn't have
all the current angst about "Peer Qualities" and the
like ;-) One of the things I like about him is that if
you asked him a straight question, he'd give you a
straight answer, from his POV.

He was fairly proud of his Pel, too, and from some of
the stories he shared, it was well deserved. He loved
the SCA, and did a lot to help get it started. I think
one of his biggest disappointments was he never got
his bay leaves- we discussed it a couple of times. He
knew a lot about a lot of things, and he loved to
teach, although you hadda be a special kind of student
to learn from him- he was just a wee bit of a hard
head, which is why, I suspect, we got along. I think
his biggest weakness was that he just didn't
understand that some folks are more vulnerable than he
was....

A good guy- the world's a smaller place without him.

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,