[Sca-cooks] Healthy SCA cooking

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu May 30 20:53:51 PDT 2002

Maggie MacD. asked:
> The challenge, and one that I can think of no solution for, is for
> sweets/desserts.

That is difficult because most people would say a dessert has to be
sweet. And I think all natural sweeteners are carbohydrates.

> How would you address that in an SCA fashion??????

In "SCA fashion"? Use artifical sweeteners. Have the King declare
that sugar is a protein. :-)

I spent some time looking through the desserts-msg file in the
Florilegium.

If you say no added sugar rather than no carbs, then the following
recipe might fit your requirements.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net