[Sca-cooks] Midrealm Ruled by Cooks

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Fri May 31 12:07:41 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----

> That took some concerted effort on the part of the Orders and individual
peers
> for years to get to this point.  I did my part by asking to be dubbed by
the
> Sword of State at my elevation and using the form of address "Dame."  I am
fond
> of claiming that due to cooking awards, I had long since been authorized
to use
> live steel in the SCA [in the kitchen], so how many knights can claim
that?
> Present company excepted, of course.

Yeah, we tried to get the Atlantian Monarchs to do that for a cooking Laurel
last spring, but they still refuse---we're just not on the same level with
the Chivalry.

> I'm bemused that I threw Patrick's stats off significantly with AoA in
1982, Pel
> in 2000.

And I would skew them also...my AoA was in A. S. XV, with my Pelican in A.S.
XX...then my Laurel came in XXXVI.

> Dame Selene Colfox, OP, Caid, call'ed by the wise "auntie"

Kiri (who avoids the "Dame" issue by using the Japanese honorifics!)