[Sca-cooks] Re: Atlantian Crown Tourney

Lynn Hunter rohanna1 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 3 08:46:47 PST 2002

I'm an arts jock?  KEWL.  Guess I have to go put a letter on my mantle.
Hmmm. Probably a big red A for Arts would NOT be my best choice...

Atlantian Crown Tourney was won by Duke Logan - Atlantia's version of the
once and future king.  He was fighting for Countess Isabel Grimault.

I will get the actual meat Terrine recipe from Lady Cordelia, our other
Pearl of a Girl, but it's basically ham, beef, bacon over and over again and
liberally sloshed with brandy.

The Pearl is our Kingdom A&S award - official description:

Order of the Pearl (CP): given to those subjects of the kingdom who have
distinguished themselves by their efforts and willingness to teach others
the arts and sciences of the period, and/or those who have achieved
excellence in the arts and sciences of the period. The order's badge is:
[Fieldless] On an escallop inverted azure a plate.

To give you an idea of how richly deserved this award was, Lady Cordelia's
name was NOT on the polling list.  Olwen organized a letter writing
campaign, and His Majesty Cuan was so moved by our letters (okay - mostly
Olwen's) that he polled the order during tourney and awarded it to her at
Court that same day!

And he kissed my hands.  Both of 'em.  *dreamy sigh*

Ro, LADY with a scroll to prove it (or to remind her of it....)