[Sca-cooks] Re: MetalSmiths Symposium -

Sudden Service #5 sudnserv5 at netway.com
Sun Nov 3 20:21:52 PST 2002

 Hej!
    As I crawl out from under the press of outrageous mundane life, I would
like to also include my own comments on the fine job that was done by both
Phlip & Vincenzo!
    Vincenzo really did a great job on getting the feast done.  He had
limited facilities & time available to do the feast with & came out on top!
I really enjoyed the Chicken Verjuice (a new taste experience) & the
Zabaglione was even better the next day (it was a substantial portion of my
breakfast & contributed greatly to keeping the Autocrat mellow the third day
of the event)!  If he ever needs any help in the kitchen at an event I am
his to command.
    I didn't have to worry about how things were going down in the
Blacksmith's Grove, because Phlip was in control of it all there, I only
passed through because I wanted to see what everyone else was doing.  We
even managed to keep the site manager happy after the event was over he came
up & told me we could use the site for the same type of event any time I
wanted to run it (unfortunately the Canton has decided to pass on doing it
again next year-maybe the year after & some of the other nearby groups have
had rumblings of doing more metalsmithing classes).
    Any problems with the event were likely my fault.  I severely overloaded
myself (Autocrat, cook 1 meal & teaching 2 classes, while working a 40 hour
work week & attending classes 16 + hours/week) & my Staff, especially my
Cooks, Reservation's Clerk & Web Mistress.
YIS,
Olaf of Trollhiemsfjord
who is only scheduled to cook a feast for a Shakespeare Play (based on
Eating Shakespeare & Dinning with William Shakespeare-any suggestions)  &
run the Viking Embassy at the Cross Roads Faire event in Carolingia next
year.