[Sca-cooks] regalia

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Mon Nov 4 06:14:43 PST 2002

Sorry, my first reaction to somebody telling me I couldn't wrae a period
reproduction necklace that might possibly have links of a quarter of an
inch, and a medallion NOT of the peerage would be told to pack sand in their
least favorite orifice.

Sorry, large link and white belt for knight, OK. Spurs for squires and
knights, OK [I hate wearing spurs anyway, but if I was recreating an outfit
worn with spurs, sand packing time again]but I have absolutely no problem
telling them that it is a game. I will wear belts of every color but white
[my favorite hand made for ME tablet woven belt has yellow, green and
blue;-)]and I will wear whatever jewelry I happen to deem required. I only
got given a problem once, and that was a hand made copper link piece that
was designed to wear slung across between my broaches in viking clothing,
with documentation. Pointed out it was unmistakably copper, and that it was
NOT a necklace or neck chain as it obviously went in a single strand between
my pins.

I hate costume police.
margali

the quote starts here:
White belts? I wouldn't wear one, I don't think, because my outfits
generally don't require beltage of any sort.
Did ask several of the local Chiv. about knights chains, though, when I
was thinking of making a Cranach gown (16th c. German--jewelry
frequently includes large-linked, gold chains), and they thought it'd be
okay.  Of course, I'm in a kingdom where Pels and Laurels are allowed
small-linked gold chains to hang their "badges" on, as long as they're
in fealty.....
--Maire, who's trying to decide between an Ember Day Tart or Cormarye
for dinner tomorrow....hmmmm......