[Sca-cooks] A Market day at Birka event

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 4 23:04:49 PST 2002

Olaf commented:
> The Cross Roads Faire is being done by
> the Barony of Carolingia on March 15-any Vikings out there want to help?  As
> usual I will be attending A Market day at Birka on 1 February in the Barony
> of Stonemarche-for those who have not been in a while the event is now the
> largest one day event in the SCA, it has out grown the old site at the race
> track (Yea! a much nicer site) & this year is being held in the Center of
> New Hampshire convention center (see it's web site: http://www.birka.org)
Not to take away from the Cross Roads Faire event, but for those that

might be interested in some history on the Birka event, see this file in
the Florilegium:

Hist-of-Birka-art (16K)  9/ 6/01    Hist. of the Birka event held in NH in the
                                       East Kingdom.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CELEBRATIONS/Hist-of-Birka-msg.html

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com