[Sca-cooks] Re: Re: MetalSmiths Symposium

Sudden Service #5 sudnserv5 at netway.com
Mon Nov 4 21:44:35 PST 2002

    That's a great idea & I would do it if I could.  The problem is that 2
years from now I will be going to school full time for the last year of the
School for Professional Crafts metal smithing program I am involved in at
the Worcester Center for Crafts.  They are allowing me to split the first
year of classes into 2 years, but the last year is too integrated to do
that.  They expect you to spend 40-70 hours/week involved at the school (I
am doing 16-30 hours/week now), I will also have to work at least a few
hours during the week to pay the rent-unless there is a Sugar Momma out
there that has a thing for old, fat Vikings & is willing to keep me in
tuition, food, shelter, iron, copper alloy, silver, gold & gems.   Some one
will do more of the Metal Smith's Symposium, but for now it won't be me.  I
am going to concentrate on cooking the feast for the Midsummer's Night Dream
event on the 5th of April.  I am doing the feast bases on Eating Shakespeare
& Dining with William Shakespeare.  I will be doing the practice feast on
Christmas Day.  When I was a kid Mom used to cook for all the GI's who
worked for my Dad that couldn't get leave for major holidays.  When I got
married my wife & I continued the custom with the Sailors who worked with
me.  Since I moved back to New England I have done Christmas dinner once for
friends in the SCA who either are not celebrating the day or can not spend
the day with family-it also will make a great way of checking recopies for
the event.  I plan on serving it buffet style where people can eat as they
stop by.  I am calling it my trim a tree party. One ornament is requested
from each guest to put on my tree-my ex got the decorations in the divorce.
Pax,
Olaf