[Sca-cooks] duck, crown, sword was: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #2686 - 14 msgs

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 4 17:48:19 PST 2002

>wonder for one minute if it was due to anything but her wonderful work.
>    I'll tell ya - the Bright Hills Cooking Guild intimidates folks from my
>barony so much that we are afraid of starting our own!
>
>    Oh - and what was the response to the "lame duck"? I left before feast.
>
>Rosine
>(Dame, rather than mistress... it's all Dame Alys' fault.)

Rosine, if you saw the pictures that Ro forwarded from Rowan here
http://www.shado.info/ct-11-02-2002/  and go down to 217 to about 220 there
are pictures of the sword and crown and the presentation of the duck by
Temur.  He took it out and explained he had once recieved one of his own and
thought it good to share the experience.  The whole table seemed to be
laughing over it.  The king passed it down finally to be carved up and
eaten!  Heck, they ate everything we put in front of them!
Olwen, on sabatical but never quiet.