[Sca-cooks] meat (as opposed to fruit) pies

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 11 23:22:09 PST 2002

> Kewl!
> so....what kinds of meat-and-such-enclosed-in-a-pastry-case have you
> found so far? I love stuff like this, because it's easy to make up a big
> batch and freeze them, taking one out for dinner as I need it....
> --maire, solo cook
Maire, may already be aware of these files but perhaps they may still

be of interest to others.

meat-pies-msg    (130K)  5/ 7/01    Period meat pies. Recipes.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/meat-pies-msg.html
fish-pies-msg     (11K)  5/ 3/01    Period fish pies. Recipes.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/fish-pies-msg.html

And for info on making the pies themselves:
pies-msg          (57K)  7/26/02    Period pie crusts, meat and fruit pies.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/pies-msg.html
Period-Pies-art   (33K)  9/29/97    "Raising a Coffin or the Fine Art of
Making Period Pies." by Lady Aoife Finn.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/Period-Pies-art.html

Do you consider these pies?
pierogies-msg     (12K)  8/ 2/01    Stuffed dumplings/pies from Eastern Europe.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/pierogies-msg.html

And I've got some more stuff that's not online yet because I can't
figure out when its a tart vs. when it is a pie. Maybe I should just
lump them all together and find another way to split them out. But at
130K, that meat-pies-msg file is already needing to be split, before
adding the tarts stuff to it.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com