[Sca-cooks] Dutch Food

Jones, Craig Craig.Jones at airservices.gov.au
Tue Nov 12 18:57:18 PST 2002

Folks,

Need some help...  I'm trying to get together some info for a friend on
Dutch cooking.  So far I have 4 potential sources:

"Een vijftiende eeuws Zuid Nederlands kookboek", 1473,

A manuscript, a collection of recipes from Gent, has no name and is
estimated to have been written between 1490 and 1525.

"Een notabel boexcken van cokeryen" by Thomas van der Noot, printed in
1510

"Eenen N yeuwen coock boeck" by Willem Vorsterman, printed in 1560.

Are any of these manuscripts available translated/untranslated, online
or in a book modern enough to be in a library?

I'm happy to do some digging but I might be re-inventing the wheel here
and someone might already know a heap about this topic...

Cheers,

Drake.