[Sca-cooks] Interesting Idea for a Challenge

Sharon Gordon gordonse at one.net
Wed Nov 13 07:51:55 PST 2002

In Atlantia, the following challenge was held at Cattle Raids in September 2002.  This might be fun to have at other events to help people get a smoother start into the SCA.

I'd love to hear what people might do for a challenge like this.  Any ideas for creating really frugal feast gear?

Sharon
gordonse at one.net

***Challenge Info****

Good gentles,
There is one other competition that should be included in the
Stierbach/Windmasters' Hill War points competition. It is called "Garb the
Newcomer" and will be held at Cattle Raids only.

I, Baroness Lucia, am sponsoring the competition; the details are as follows:

     Each team must provide at least a tunic and pants or dress, and a
drinking cup.
     Each team has a $30 budget. Receipts that document expenditures should
be turned in with the entry.
     The team cannot use materials that they have on hand in the
construction of the entry. (The purpose of this contest is to prove that a
newcomer can have an attempt at pre-17th century garb for little money.)
     All items will become the property of the newcomer for whom they are
created.
     The War Point will be awarded by Her Majesty in consultation with the
Baronesses of Stierbach and Windmasters Hill.