[Sca-cooks] "The only way to dine"

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 13 09:26:55 PST 2002

>Last feast I went to (Samhain in Three Mountains) I had a blast. The food
>was very good, there was a lot of it, and I had my student Larry sitting
>across from me, and friends all around. Only way to dine, IMHO. ;-)
>
>'Lainie

That's a nice way. This past weekend a group of friends were sitting in this
elaborate pavillion created for the cooking competition. It was glorious
with
tapestries, silver plate, candelabras, rugs, linens...the works. A Roman
Emperor
would have been comfortable. We were munching leftovers from the cooking
competition as well as some bone-in ribeyes, tortilla soup, an antipasta of
mozzerella, artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes, and a cheesecake.
The candles blazed, the night was cool, the laughter was contagious. We were
tired and had completed something that had been a source of stress for
weeks.

That is the way to dine.

Gunthar

(Leftovers included an oxtail pottage, sweet pork ravioli in butter herb
sauce,
nucato made with caramel, almonds and pine nuts, carmalized shallots,
marinated
grilled lamb in handmade flatbread, honey glazed grilled turnips, borscht,
fresh
green beans in a vinegar herb broth, white tart with poached pears. Not a
bad
spread.)