[Sca-cooks] Yule gifts question

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Thu Nov 14 10:05:06 PST 2002

one of my favorite gifts to give, that doesnt cost an arm and a leg.. is a
big glass canning jar of layered beans. with a recipe for a bean soup.

(i put a pretty peice of fabric on the top of the jar, and spend some time
layering it in a decorative fashion. but it is mostly a "oooh! pretty!"
gift)

i have , at various points, given "7 bean soup" and "hoppin john"
(traditional new years good luck dish) and even a "home made baked bean"
jar.....

what recipes do you know of.. that can have the DRY ingredients. or the
flavored viniger or oil...... made up in a decorative fashion?

anyone know any period medieval bean recipes? that i could still do a
decorative jar of dried beans for?

i saw, in a store. at a frighteningly high markup. a glass jar of "cookie
recipe" with all the dry ingredients for chocolate chip cookies layered in
it........ any ideas here????
Kirsten
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
http://www.fabricdragon.com

"Did you vote?  No?   Then don't come whining to me...."