[Sca-cooks] demanding diners quote

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Nov 14 10:22:51 PST 2002

So, "Regional Cuisines of Medieval Europe" is delivered via ILL. And I
open it and what do I see as the header for the Spain section?

"Some who in their own homes made do with sardines, in the homes of others
demand sweets; they disdain mutton, but ask for adafinas; which they will
not eat-- they say-- without bacon or chicken." -- Juan Ruiz, Arciprieste
de Hita.

So I guess every head cook has his/her challenges.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I used to be one of them. Now I rather think I'm one of me." -- Terry
Prachett, _Thief of Time_