[Sca-cooks] feast idea, was vegetarians

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 14 12:43:09 PST 2002

Kirsten Houseknecht wrote:

> all this talk about fast and feast days......
>
> i was recentlyish at a feast that was supposed to be "on" a feast day (this
> was the theme) and i was disapointed that it didnt include the traditional
> foods for that feast day.

Huh?  They missed out on a great opportunity, someone wasn't thinking.

> how about doing a Lenten feast? or any other fast day feast?

I keep threatening to do a Fish Feast during Lenten season.  Lent happens
during months with an R in them, fortunately.  Easter is late next year, about
20 April, right?

I do have a regular gig about the first day of spring and I served bouillebaise
for lunch last year, but there were enough fish-haters about that I had to
accomodate, well... next time, I do a See Food Only feast at another occasion,
not at the Black Oak Lodge.

> would this be attended by everyone? probably not. too many confirmed
> carnivores... but i bet it would be fun to do... any takers?
> i would be willing to help out or assist in running the kitchen but dont
> feel qualified to feastocrat it......

It might be "intimate" and small but the people who go will be
the ones who are really enthusiastic about fishy goodness!

"Anchovies, Anchovies, yummy and delicious, I love you
more than all the other fishes!"  -- Dawn Summers, "Buffy The Vampire Slayer"

"I'm gonna eat you little fishie..." Cat, "Red Dwarf"

Selene Colfish [is it Friday yet?]