[Sca-cooks] Florifiles was "The only way to dine", take 2

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Nov 15 21:43:25 PST 2002

Argh. That got sent prematurely. Let's try this again.
Anne commented:
 > Haven't you realized yet that he has a file for *everything*?

Nope. Afraid not. If I did, I could stop editing all this stuff.

 > At least,
 > everything period... come on, Stefan, what can you do about Coke and a
 > computer?

Those are a bit modern, but let's see:
Coke is mostly water and sugar, so:
jalabs-msg        (64K)  7/22/02    Drinks with a sugar or honey-syrup base
such as Sekanjabin (Persian Mint Drink).
As to computers, remember that until half a century ago, computers were
people that sat and did calculations:
Art-of-Arith-art   (7K)  4/ 3/00    "The Noble Art of Arithmetic"
                                         by Jan van Seist.
Med-Math-Sci-bib   (6K)  4/ 4/00    "Medieval Math and Science Bibliography"
by Lord Midair MacCormaic (Charles Cohen).

 > I'm sure he can find one about falling to the floor, and laughter should
 > be easy...
humor-msg         (41K)  1/11/96    Period and SCA humor.
jokes-msg         (18K)  5/15/96    Period and SCA jokes.
Or maybe:
P-Polit-Songs-art  (8K)  7/24/02    "Period Political Songs" by Baron Hrolf
                                         Herjolffsen OP.

Falling down is a bit more difficult. Perhaps:
wounds-msg        (18K) 10/12/95    Battle wounds in period.
     Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com