[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #2748 - 8 msgs

Marcus Loidolt mjloidolt at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 16 15:42:06 PST 2002

 7. Re: Re: Sca-cooks digest, SCA Assisted living!
> (Gorgeous Muiredach)

Gorgeous, please understand that what I said was not
uninformed nor meant to be crude, yet neither was it
humorless.

I have been a hospital/hospice chaplain for a number
of years, along with a few other hats the church
'lets' me wear, I do thorougly understand the problems
that face many of those who find themselves in nursing
homes without any help or hope of escape or life
outside of them.
I have helped a number of people escape the red tape
prison of many 'nursing homes and convalescent
centers'!!

I also know and appreciate those institutions who do
not infringe on the rights of the residents,
instituions that are owned by the residents and who do
have the respect due to all human beings from womb to
tomb!
Just because of the admitedly great number of
instititions that you find lacking, please don't
blacken those who really try to do the best for their
residents.

The humoress line of SCA or living history retirement
homes was brought up by individuals for whom that
reality is not so far distant or even already here!!

IN our own Barony of Sternfeld we have three residents
in a local AL facility, Lady Agnes, Lady Edith and
Lord Alfred are all residents of St. Paul's Hermitage
here in Beech Grove, In. They come to local events and
have even come away with myself on weekend events!

Admitedly, it was interesting when a new young intern
saw Lady Edith in full Tudor Ropa, and Lord Alfred's
fur lined houppeland is quite the rage and source of
friendly coveteousness!!

Johann

=====
www.geocities.com/mjloidolt/marcus_page.html
"Let Charity be your hallmark and model for all you do,
if it is not loving, don't do it, it it is loving,
let nothing stop you from doing whatever is needed!"
(St. John Neumann)
"Have no fear or doubt anything and everything you give in this life will be paid back ahundred fold in the next"