[Sca-cooks] Apple fritters (Was Menus, seat allocation)

Pat "Mordonna" Griffin mordonna22 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 17 17:41:17 PST 2002

Isobel fitz Gilbert commented:
>I missed court last year, last item in the 4th course was
apple fritters, and
we just kept frying those suckers and sending them out, a table's worth at
a time.  I may
never do that again but it was popular, even if we did have people coming
to the door of
the kitchen to ask where their table's fritters where.<

Yes, they are labor instensive.  But they make quite an impression, don't they?  I made pear fritters for the final course of the Combat Cookery contest, because we had pears and no apples.  The judges loved them, and the leftovers lasted about 3 minutes after the judges left the encampment.  I had to hide some to take to the after judging get together.

Mordonna