[Sca-cooks] OOP (OT?) Ebay question

Sandra Kisner sjk3 at admin.is.cornell.edu
Mon Nov 18 05:32:07 PST 2002

I've never bought anything on Ebay, though I've looked with interest at some of the listings posted here.  I'm not entirely sure how it works - not the bidding process, but registration.  Do you have to register/give them personal information before you're allowed to bid, or only before you're allowed to list something for sale?  I've managed to keep my spam quotient extremely low by not giving out any more information than is absolutely necessary on the web (including refusing any cookies I can, though I know that doesn't deal with clear gifs), and I'd like to keep it that way.  I know a lot of people find it convenient to get notification of "we think you'd be interested in this" sorts of things, but I'd just as soon not.  Is that an option on Ebay?

Sandra