[Sca-cooks] OOP (OT?) Ebay question

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Mon Nov 18 05:53:48 PST 2002

Sandra,

I registered with eBay a *long* time ago, when they first started.  I have
not seen my spam increase significantly from them, I don't think.  Of
course it's hard to tell where SPAM comes from, but since I don't receive a
lot of it at the address I use with ebay, I think it's safe to assume you
won't get too much.

It will not let you bid unless you *are* registered.  Bit of a safety
feature for the seller, since if you aren't registered it woudl be easy to
just bid on an item and then go "bye bye".

You could create an email address just for it, at yahoo, or hotmail, or any
number of these things.  Use that email address when you do the web thing,
like that it's likely to be the only one spammed.

HTH

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forth Castle, Meridies