[Sca-cooks] RE: [MR] catered feasts

kerrimart at mindspring.com kerrimart at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 21 13:29:38 PST 2002

I am considering hosting an event  "to be determined", but the site doesn't
have a kitchen or hall that can be eaten in.

I do have the possiblility of holding feast and a next door cafateria that the
owner will cook my menu and work with me.  It will be more expensive than an
SCA cooked meal, but then the labor won't be volunteered.

Here are my questions:

Will folks sign up for a catered feast, with the menu posted?

Should I look into full catering (dishes and everything) or just the food?
Pros and  cons of each?

Have you ever had a catered feast and what was the response?

would it be better to not even have a feast?

-----
Like I said, I am just in the inital thought process of this event, so nothing
has been firmed down - just looking for helpful hints.

Thanks.

Hrosvitha von Celle