[Sca-cooks] Obtaining Books was The secrets of the reverend Maister Alexis of

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Nov 21 14:16:12 PST 2002

In the discussion about burning cd's, and downlaoding .pdf files, I
forgot to point out that there is another way to get the Alessio
volumes. It involves a bit more work, but it can be carried out in a
number of academic libraries across the country.
Most works that were published in England prior to 1640 are available in
your local academic library.
They are on microfilm as part of the UMI collections Early English
Books, 1475-1640 . (The 17th century century is also there in another
set.) Yes, you can go get the reels and print off as few or many copies
of the recipes or any pages you want for your own home use.

If you need more information e-mail me and I can send you my handout on
the subject. Or if you are holding an arts/science event, let me know
and we'll negotiate. I'm available to some do a session or two or most
of a day.

Johnnae llyn Lewis   Johnna Holloway