[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks digest,Leb'nin Bologna

spynnere at juno.com spynnere at juno.com
Tue Nov 26 17:10:45 PST 2002

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:57:01 -0600 sca-cooks-request at ansteorra.org
writes:
> Message: 9
> From: Bronwynmgn at aol.com
> Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 18:34:31 EST
> Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Thank you to the SCA Cooks
> There is both a town and a county of Lebanon.  I'm not sure exactly
> where the
> bologna plant is.

   http://www.seltzerslebanonbologna.com/   Seltzer's Smokehouse Meats,
Palmyra, PA

   http://www.kutztownbologna.com/  Kutztown Bologna Inc., Myerstown, PA

   http://www.lebanon-bologna.com/   Weaver's Lebanon Bologna.  Started
in 1885 by Daniel Weaver.  Their website says they were the first.  I
*think* Weaver's is the factory that burned down one or two
Christmastimes ago.   What I remember is that Seltzer's took over their
production.

   Palmyra and Myerstown are within spitting distance of Lebanon, and I
*think* Weaver's was located in Lebanon.  The city of Lebanon drops a
Lebanon bologna at midnight on New Year's eve every year.  I can't decide
if this is better or worse than Dillsburg, PA which drops a pickle, or
the other southcentral PA community that drops a goat.  But that has a
lot to do with the fact that I *don't* like Lebanon bologna, and I wish
ring bologna (another product of this area) were available outside of PA
the way Lebanon bologna is!

  Elizabeth