[Sca-cooks] full of baloney

M+D: Mary and Doug Piero Carey mdcarey at compuserve.com
Wed Nov 27 15:31:10 PST 2002

Unless, perhaps he means Trail bologna, which does come
from Ohio, the tiny burg of Trail, down in Amish country.  What
exactly, does the Lebanon version look like?  Trail comes in a
ring and is a very dark red brown.  It is about an inch and a
quarter  to an inch and a half in diameter and is commonly cut
into chunks and tumbled onto a tray with chunks o'cheese on
party trays.  I have just recently seen it sold in sandwich slice
size.  And by the way, there is a Lebanon in Ohio, and ISTR that
there is a meat plant thereabouts, so Stefan might be right after
all.

Also sprach Stefan li Rous:
>So, can't be full of it. :-) The Lebanese baloney has taste and
>character, not just simply overly pulverized mystery meat. I
think it is
>from Lebanon, Ohio or some such though and not a Middle
East import.

Before we have Brangwayna on your case (which you do _not_
want,
believe me!!!), I'll point out that it is Lebanon, PA. Possibly,
Lebanon County, if there is such a thing, rather than simply the
town of
Lebanon. No, it's okay, Brangwayna and Jadwiga, I'll take care
of it, I
promise!