[Sca-cooks] beer in food

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Nov 28 21:28:51 PST 2002

niccolo difrancesco commented:
> Turkey breast cut thick could be just as
> great if brined and cooked to juiciness in a raosting bag or on a smoker
> or with a 22 oz can of beer shoved up its . . . .

Really? Do you open the can first? I can see that putting the sealed
can in might expand the turkey a bit. Or even pierce and marinate the
turkey at the same time, but I think picking out all those little
alluminum slivers might be difficult on your teeth...

Does anyone have any good period recipes that use beer or ale? Or

even modern recipes. I do have this file in the Florilegium and it
might be nice to add more to it:

beer-in-food-msg  (23K)  6/28/01    Period recipes with beer or ale in them.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/beer-in-food-msg.html
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com