[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks Zabaglione

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Sun Nov 3 08:59:07 PST 2002

and Vincenzo sayeth:

> The source I used didn't say.  My guess was that
> 2 oz of wine would be 1 serving, and with the recipe
> calling for 1 cup of Marsala, it would probably
> serve 4 people.

Only if my husband is not one of them. He adores zabaglione. However,
there is a slight problem--he's allergic to grapes, or perhaps something
on the grape skins, and it triggers his asthma. [After the third or fourth
Seder where they had to rush him to the emergency room, they finally made
2+2=4.]

Is there something I could use that is not grape-based to make zabaglione,
or is he just out of luck?

Margaret