[Sca-cooks] colours of belts etc

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sun Nov 3 21:50:26 PST 2002

At 10:22 PM 11/3/02 -0700, you wrote:
>White belts? I wouldn't wear one, I don't think, because my outfits
>generally don't require beltage of any sort.
>Did ask several of the local Chiv. about knights chains, though, when I
>was thinking of making a Cranach gown (16th c. German--jewelry
>frequently includes large-linked, gold chains), and they thought it'd be
>okay.  Of course, I'm in a kingdom where Pels and Laurels are allowed
>small-linked gold chains to hang their "badges" on, as long as they're
>in fealty.....

The ones I know don't have a problem with the mounds-o-chains German stuff.
They might have a problem with a single, unornamented gold chain,
especially if it were lamp chain.

Several years ago, I made a new pavilion (this is the one that rotted when
water got into the storage unit) and it was rectangular with a hip roof, I
hung my lanters from the ridge pole, with chains and S-hooks. One friend,
coming to see the new digs, looked up and admiring the chains said "So what
knight did you mug for those chains? Those are pretty nice!" My response?
With an Evil Grin- "Since when do I have to resort to violence to get what
I want from a knight?" The point was conceeded. :-)

OFC- bacon grease does not come out of a nylon pavilion wall. ever. Neither
does candle wax, especially when a kid writes "KICK ME" in letters a hand
tall on a hot day...

'Lainie
-goofing off waiting for a tall man with a moustache...