[Sca-cooks] Re: MetalSmiths Symposium -

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Sun Nov 3 22:00:10 PST 2002

Sudden Service #5 wrote:

>  Hej!
>     As I crawl out from under the press of outrageous
> mundane life, ...

[snip]

> If he ever needs any help in the kitchen at an event
> I am his to command.

Olaf,

The 35,000 BTU fire ring you brought was of enormous
help ... Thanks again for bringing it.

Hmmm, BTW, where did you purchase it?

[snip]

> We even managed to keep the site manager happy after
> the event was over he came up & told me we could use
> the site for the same type of event any time I wanted
> to run it (unfortunately the Canton has decided to
> pass on doing it again next year-maybe the year after
> & some of the other nearby groups have had rumblings
> of doing more metalsmithing classes).

I appreciate the help the Canton gave for site and
kitchen cleanup.  Please let me know about events
planned by the Canton so that I can schedule some
time to return the favor to the Canton.

>     Any problems with the event were likely my fault.

IMO you did a fine job.

> I severely overloaded myself (Autocrat, cook 1 meal &
> teaching 2 classes, while working a 40 hour work week
> & attending classes 16 + hours/week) & my Staff,
> especially my Cooks, Reservation's Clerk & Web
> Mistress.
> YIS,
> Olaf of Trollhiemsfjord
> who is only scheduled to cook a feast for a
> Shakespeare Play (based on Eating Shakespeare &
> Dinning with William Shakespeare-any suggestions) &
> run the Viking Embassy at the Cross Roads Faire
> event in Carolingia next year.

Inviting me to try will always be the finest reward.

> > There were two things about this event which
> > really stood out in my mind, as Good Things
> > Happening. One was encouraging Vincenzo to do
> > Feast, and watching him do it so well, and
> > encouraging Aaron Silver, a young man who had
> > never been to an SCA event before, or taught
> > smithing before, to teach, and watching him do
> > so well.
> >
> > It was truly a wonderful event guys, the best
> > I've ever been to, including the great Barleycorn
> > event I'd gone to a couple of weeks before. I'm
> > having a GOOD time over here in the EK ;-)
> >
> > Phlip

I am,
Vincenzo Martino Mazza,
In Service to the Dream