[Sca-cooks] Re: Re: MetalSmiths Symposium -

Sudden Service #5 sudnserv5 at netway.com
Mon Nov 4 04:51:38 PST 2002

Hej!
    The fire ring was purchased at Sam's Club.  It is a Southern style fish
cooker, they sell 2 versions one & two burners.  It is part of my field
kitchen.  I used another part of the field kitchen at the wake that was held
for Earl Aelfwine on the 9th.  We did a bunch of pork & Raven brought 2 legs
of organic lamb that we smoked in one of the smoker ovens.  It was a good
send off for a fine man.
    The next Canton of Aschehyrst event is A Scribal Symposium II Jan 11
(same day as Kingdom 12th night).  The Cross Roads Faire is being done by
the Barony of Carolingia on March 15-any Vikings out there want to help?  As
usual I will be attending A Market day at Birka on 1 February in the Barony
of Stonemarche-for those who have not been in a while the event is now the
largest one day event in the SCA, it has out grown the old site at the race
track (Yea! a much nicer site) & this year is being held in the Center of
New Hampshire convention center (see it's web site: http://www.birka.org)
Thanks again to both of you.
Olaf