[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #2686 - 14 msgs

Rosine rosine at sybercom.net
Mon Nov 4 01:00:07 PST 2002

> Mistress Rosine,
>  Pray forgive my ill scribed words (and perhaps overly
> well medicated self). I NEVER meant to even imply that
> our recommendations did more than bring Lady
> Cordelia to the attention of the King and the Pearls.
<snip>

Hi Roana,
   I'm sorry if I sounded stiffer than I meant! I sent a message off to the
Order asking about the meeting that I didn't attend (I was at the event. In
fact, I was cheering from the sidelines by the kitchen door when YOU got
your AoA! I was sitting with your seneschal and Mistress Anne.) There was no
meeting at Crown Tourney - which news relieved a lot of us who were there
and would have been embarrassed that we'd missed it!
   Cordelia was polled a while back and that's why her name was not on the
polling that Olwyn received. I'd forgotten, but was reminded by the
Principal (and others) of the order in response to my panicked letter.
   Your message to the cook's list simple put me in a panic - what meeting,
what verbal polling, what else did I miss, and I was dismay at the thought
that Cordelia might, in her humility, think that if her friends hadn't sent
a flurry of letters, she'd not get the recognition... I didn't want her to
wonder for one minute if it was due to anything but her wonderful work.
   I'll tell ya - the Bright Hills Cooking Guild intimidates folks from my
barony so much that we are afraid of starting our own!

   Oh - and what was the response to the "lame duck"? I left before feast.

Rosine
(Dame, rather than mistress... it's all Dame Alys' fault.)