[Sca-cooks] saffron dyeing

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 4 11:34:22 PST 2002

I don't know anything about leather dying, but I know weld was used in
period to dye fabric. You can get some pretty bright yellows with it,
too! Just saw some yesterday. (Lainie, I thought of you, too... some
nice oranges with weld and madder.)

I have absolutely no idea what one would have to do with it for
leather... sorry... but it might be a place to begin.

Anne