[Sca-cooks] colours of belts etc

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 4 22:27:38 PST 2002

Maire replied to me with:

> Geez, Stefan, with a name like "Maire," I should *hope* so!!

Why? I didn't think "Maire" even without the multitude of other
spellings, was specifically Celtic. Hey, I can *pronounce it*.

> According
> to the heralds/scrolls, I'm actually, officially "Aodhnait Maire Siobhan
> NiNuanain."  I took pity on the local herald and chronicler, and did
> *not* go with the Old Irish spelling of "Nuanain," which is like 20+
> letters long, seriously.
See. Had I known the rest of your name I would've known you were Celtic.

So, how come you don't like bizarre, bright color combinations? Maybe
there are some Celts who aren't color-blind? :-)
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com