[Sca-cooks] Witch Finger/Almond Shortbread cookies

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 5 10:31:49 PST 2002

El Hermoso Dormido wrote:
>  It's "politically correct" because "everyone knows" that "witches"...
>  ...are always "white".

I assure you that when i was a kid "everyone" knew that witches were
*GREEN* (thanks to the movie "The Wizard of Oz").

In high school i was playing Goody Cloyse in a production of
Nathaniel Hawthorne's "Young Goodman Brown" (it turns out that the
nice old goodwoman is an evil witch). The other performers thought i
should wear green face makeup when i was in full witch mode. I did my
own makeup, and i didn't wear green, i just used makeup (mostly
black, blue, and grey) to look spooky, deathly, and evil.

Anahita
who is a witch