[Sca-cooks] shoes was Atlantian Crown Tourney Pictures

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Nov 6 23:45:38 PST 2002

Well, it may not have been clear, but I really wasn't picking on Olwen
for wearing the mundane shoes with the fancy garb. Nor was I demanding
that she should. I do think the mundane sports shoes were rather obvious,
at least in that picture.

I was in part continuing my running joke of finding applicable, er
well somewhat applicable files for various situations. And Olwen's comment
about finding a new skill/project to take up. I think there are a lot
of artistic skills/endeavors that Olwen could take up and be quite good
at.

However, it is apparently possible to modify or make covers for modern
athletic shoes that make them blend into the medieval atmosphere a bit
more. And in this case, it wouldn't matter whether the shoes under them
matched or not. However, those kinds of things are to be found in the
shoes-msg file, rather than the period shoes file I pointed out.

Folks have also put modern orthopedic supports and such inside period
style shoes or used the bottoms of modern shoes and built medieval looking
shoes around those. Not out of marzipan, though. :-)

Stefan

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com