[Sca-cooks] Let's Google "Olwen" was (OT) Weird Internet thing

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 7 07:00:43 PST 2002

We probably should bear in mind that the archives of this list are
public, and these posts can show up on Google.  While we do chat as if
we were in Gunthar's living room, he has a big picture window, and sound
is piped out to the street...  I use a slightly different version of my
name than I use professionally, after discovering that googling on my
professional name brought up my reviews (good) and an introduction to a
fiber arts list... (not so good, though at least it was all about my
background as a fiber artist - not the chatter about jello salads I
began here with - what can I say, I joined during Pennsic...)

A google on my father's full name is hysterical. There seems to be one
other man with the exact same name, who reached similar stature in a
somewhat related field... different enough tracks that their paths never
crossed, and most entries you can tell at a glance which one it is, but
sometimes you need to really read past the first few paragraphs...

Anne