[Sca-cooks] Cooking Competition this weekend

Betsy Marshall betsy at softwareinnovation.com
Thu Nov 7 09:54:32 PST 2002

Pictures!! get Pictures!
Pyro

-----Original Message-----
From: sca-cooks-admin at ansteorra.org
[mailto:sca-cooks-admin at ansteorra.org]On Behalf Of Michael Gunter
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 11:33 AM
To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
Subject: [Sca-cooks] Cooking Competition this weekend

Yes, I won King's Champion last weekend. The tourney was a lot of fun.
Unfortunately
now I guess I won't be taking a break from the SCA to go skiing now....and I
get the
supreme joy of standing through the entire Estrella Great Court without a
break. I guess
I'm not too bright.

Anyway, my first opportunity to defend my King will be a failure becuase I'm
taking a team
of cooks to the Southern Crusades Combat Cookery competition this weekend.
Basically
teams of five persons will be given a box of groceries and have five hours
to make a meal.
The only thing the team can provide is cooking stuff and water. Not even
spices are allowed.
Period recipes are nice but not required, the closer to period cooking
methods are the higher
the score. Unfortunately there are no groundfires allowed. Four of the
teammates are in
charge of cooking and one is in charge of presentation. I think I've rounded
up a pretty good
team. It includes Mistress Branwyn (a cooking Laurel), HL Katerina (a
vegetarian who recieved
a perfect score in the cooking category at Kingdom A&S), Lady Sara (a
professional home chef),
and me (dumb, but willing to follow directions). Our decorator is a gay
dance Laurel with a penchant
for ostentation. Heh, this should be fun.

I'll let y'all know how it turns out on Monday.

Gunthar