[Sca-cooks] non-sweet Elizabethan dishes

P. A. Stonnell hlisobel at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 11 19:36:33 PST 2002

At 05:47 PM 11/11/02 -0800, you wrote:
<snip>
>I always post the ingredients in the hall - at my first feast, just
>outside the kitchen door, and the remaining feasts, on lists on every
>table - as far as i can tell, i'm the only cook who does this. I do
>put menus on each table. I want to make things known to diners who
>may have food problems. We don't have a tradition of feast booklets
>here - i've learned about it from this list and when i mentioned it
>to an old Westie, she rather sniffed at the idea. I think the idea is
>great. Since i'll be doing one or two feasts in 2003, i may try it
>then.

In our Barony, each person at the banquet gets a menue with ingredients.
It also has their name on it and is used to identify their seat (seatting
at the Baronial Banquet is arranged, not a free-for-all).  It's been that
way for years.

Isobel fitz Gilbert
Mistress of Arts, Barony of Lions Gate, An Tir