[Sca-cooks] vegetarian was non-sweet Elizabethan dishes

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Mon Nov 11 19:52:03 PST 2002

 a lot of people  consider vegetarianism as the ethical thing to do
BECAUSE there are "people starving in China", or wherever.

it is not the cure all that some make it out to be.. but a lot of people
think that the choices we make... in our diet. or gasoline consumptions,
etc...is very important.

how on earth is my eating a factory raised....... it eats two to five pounds
of top value human food quality grain for every pound of meat... beef cow
going to help feed the starving people in the third world?

i would expect i would do better to eat the one pound of grain and legumes
and NOT encourage factory farming.... industrial waste.... erosion..... and
all the other oproblems modern farming methods of raising meat can cause.

i am not a vegetarian. partly because i have food allergies that would make
that really difficult.. .. but it seems that the "people are starving"
argument is in FAVOR of vegetarianism. not the other way around

and whats it to you anyway? if someone has made an ethical decision to not
eat meat. more power to them!
Kirsten
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
http://www.fabricdragon.com

"Did you vote?  No?   Then don't come whining to me...."