[Sca-cooks] non-sweet Elizabethan dishes

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Nov 11 19:35:32 PST 2002

> of control. I'm sorry, but this is a hot point with me - a good quarter of
> the human race would gladly beg abjectly, cry copious tears for your
> leftovers, and yet we have people who go 'eew! I'm not eating THAT, it was
> produced by a cruel production method!'.
>     I think Vegans and other 'ethical' types need to travel a bit; see
> swollen bellies and whithered limbs. I think they need to see 60 pound
> corpses going into mass graves. I think they need to see what survival is as
> opposed to effete snobbery.

Siegfried, I very seldom do this to anyone, but I think you need to read
_Diet for A Small Planet_

I personally hate the book, and think it's pretty out of date in its
information. But if you really can't understand that some people do know
that the beef industry they support by eating beef is using up grain that
people in developing countries would cry for, you really know nothing.

I don't care if you agree with them about whether supporting U.S. farming
practices by being a consumer actually encourages wasting of food, but for
Herne the Hunted's sake come down off your effete
more-politically-correct/incoorrect-than thou soapbox and realize that WE
have choices that starving peoples don't, and some people choose to put
their bellies-- and their funds-- where their principles are, even if they
can't do anything else.

I realize that you may be so muzzy-headed that you believe that eating
factory veal somehow improves the lot of the starving peoples, but  I
can't figure out how.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I used to be one of them. Now I rather think I'm one of me." -- Terry
Prachett, _Thief of Time_