[Sca-cooks] non-sweet Elizabethan dishes

Kirrily Robert skud at infotrope.net
Mon Nov 11 19:09:50 PST 2002

Sieggy wrote:
>     Oddly enough, I am filled with no small degree of comfort in the fact
> that members of this culture have the degree of freedom to be such utterly
> pretentious snobs.

I never expected to see such a fountain of bile in response to someone
asking for help planning a feast menu.

Some people challenge themselves by redacting all their own recipes.
Some people challenge themselves by restricting their menu to dishes
from a particular culture, or a particular cookbook.  Some people
challenge themselves by making all kinds of objects out of marzipan.
I choose to challenge myself as a cook, by trying to cater for a range
of tastes and dietary preferences, and provide something appealling and
filling for as many as possible.

If you have a problem with that, you are free not to attend this feast,
if I ever hold it.  I'm sure you'll be happy sitting at home in your
cardboard box eating your bowl of rice for which you had to prostitute
yourself to a UN aid worker.

Yours,

Katherine

katherine at infotrope.net  http://infotrope.net/sca/