[Sca-cooks] vegetarian

david friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Tue Nov 12 00:06:35 PST 2002

>also, i seem to recall a sermon ranting about how some tables were done up
>with vegetarian foods that were disguised to look like meat. and this wasnt
>really "fasting"
>so there are some reasons to hold that vegetarian "meat substitutes" were
>period.. just maybe not the exact ones we use.

But since we have plenty of recipes for period vegetarian dishes,
including period ones pretending not to be vegetarian, why not use
the exact ones they used, instead of modern fake meat?

>"Did you vote?  No?   Then don't come whining to me...."

As it happened, this year I did vote. But the outcome would have been
the same if I hadn't. I don't see how taking an action that has
essentially no chance of changing the outcome gives me any more
justification to complain about the outcome than if I hadn't taken it.
--
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/