[Sca-cooks] Period vegetarianism

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Nov 12 07:24:00 PST 2002

I am reading this entire thread a day late, I know but it comes to mind
that Colin Spencer's book is available again. The original is called The
Heretic's Feast. A History of Vegetarianism and came out in the early
1990's. The latest revised edition is called Vegetarianism: A History.
$28.00 hardback. 400 pages ; Publisher: Four Walls Eight Windows; ISBN:
1568582382; 2nd edition (October 2002).

I haven't bought it yet so I can't report on the differences between
this edition and the earlier one. The earlier edition is still listed as
being available in paperback.

Johnna Holloway    Johnnae llyn Lewis